PROGRAMMES – SECONDARY
Total Defence Day 2022
Learn how each of us can play our part to contribute to the security of Singapore and defend our shared way of life.
Total Defence Day
Off Peak Period
- 24 Jan – 2 Feb (Min. 1 class)
- 21 Feb – 11 Mar (Min. 1 class)
- 3 Feb – 18 Feb (Min. 4 classes)
- 3 hour
- Complimentary 2-way bus transfer*
* Subject to prior booking and availability. Terms and conditions apply. Please contact our Account Managers for enquiries.
*Price subject to prevailing GST
What students learn
- Understand how the 6 pillars of Total Defence (TD) has to keep our nation sovereign, safe and stable and important of upholding it to safeguard our future.
- Reflect on our past and analyse the importance of various institutions in defending our nation.
- Like how real and imminent threats are disrupting our way of life in unprecedented ways and how we can stay prepared to combat them.
- Encourage students to reflect on contemporary issues that shake our nation’s peace and critically think about how they play a part in strengthening our country through Total Defence.
Total Defence Discovery Race
In pairs, students will explore the newly rejuvenated Permanent Exhibits Gallery and engage in challenges to apply the 6 pillars of Total Defence. Tour the “Through The Lens of Time” exhibition and understand how Singapore has overcome past struggles on the journey to nationhood.
TD22 Anchor Showcase
Be dazzled by Instagram worthy tote-bag installations, including tote-bag lanterns, showcasing the connections between TD and the tote making process. Discover how the varied materials of thread and fabric relate to the different aspects of Singapore’s defence. Students will also get a chance to customise their own tote bag and express their views on what TD means to them.
Commemorative Total Defence Day - Ready, Set, Home! (Digital)
- 24 Jan – 31 Mar
- Virtual (over Zoom)
- 30 mins
- Free *Min. 1 cohort
What students learned
- Understand the importance and relevance of Total Defence in view of current threats faced today.
- Apply Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) values and highlight the importance of Citizenship Dispositions.
- Understand that everyone has a part to play in Singapore’s defence.
10 mins 15 mins 5 mins
Conclusion and Reflection Activity
Singapore Discovery Centre
510 Upper Jurong Rd, Singapore 638365